Implementation of policies laid down by the Pakistan Nursing Council, Islamabad as well as by the Health Department to enhance and improve the nursing educational skill; infrastructure and faculty is provided in Nursing Schools cogent with teaching institutions.
It performs the following functions:
- Adjustment of surplus successful 3rd year students, of various nursing schools, for Nurse Midwife course (4th year class) to complete their training
- Admission process for various disciplines of BSN/ Post graduation level/ MSN/ specialization in Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Islamabad/ Jinnah Postgraduate Medical College/ Agha Khan University, Karachi is completed and nominations are proposed to the Health Department
- Proposal for nomination for foreign training of nursing officers
- Resolution of matters/ grievances of nursing students
- Submission of retirement cases to the Health Department
The nursing schools will be up-graded and would launch a degree program BSc (N) as per planned by Pakistan Nursing Council, Islamabad.