Matric in Science with 55 % marks in aggregate as well as 55% marks in science subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology).
FSc (Pre-Medical) 50 % marks in aggregate with Matric in Science with 55 % in aggregate.
The students who have passed General Nursing.
Additional 20-Marks will be awarded after passing the test conducted by the concerned institute (Certificate from Madrisa authorized / notified by the government for the purpose shall be required for claiming the additional marks).
Candidates must be single; no married applicant should be considered for admission General Nursing & Midwifery.
Upper age limit for General Nursing is 25 years and no age relaxation should be allowed. Widow / divorced will be up to 30 years no relaxation limit shall be granted by the Government in any case.
- The admission shall be made once a year preferably in August/ September, subject to the advertisement of the Principal of concerning school.
- The Principal of concerned nursing school shall publish the notice in daily national newspaper. The classes shall start in November; all nursing schools shall complete the process registration with Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC) and Nursing Examination Board after completion of verification of academic documents and probation period.
- The candidates shall be required to submit the admission form to the concerned nursing school with 15-days of publishing of advertisement.
- Admission form (for public sector institution) will be provided in concerned nursing school at the cost of Rs100. Funds, thus generated, shall be kept by the institution as student welfare fund. Admission form with cutting, overwriting and incomplete shall not be acceptable.
- The stamp of the officer attesting documents must bear his / her full name, designation and current place of duties.
- No migration is allowed, subject to condition of disciplinary case.
- The application should execute surety bond on the stamp paper of Rs 50 at the time of admission that she will leave after completion of her training otherwise the stipend which she had received during the period of training will be recovered.
- The bonded students after completing their training are required to serve 3-years in Government of the Punjab.
Distribution of Seats
Seats are distributed as per the following criteria:
- 35% seats for students from across Punjab on open merit (candidate from the concerned district will also be eligible to compete)
- 65% seats for the district on close merit
- LHV / Midwives (Preference will be given to the employees of the Health Department)
- Departmental Quota
- Children of Health Department employees
Note: Candidates falling in the 3rd and 4th category (as per distribution of seats) will have to qualify the criteria for age, physical fitness and marital status. In the absence of an eligible candidate in these categories, selection will be made on open merit across Punjab.